With the amount of marketing messages people are bombarded with your marketing materials must grab attention quickly or your efforts and money will be wasted. So how can you maximise the potential of your business’ marketing material, such as your website, flyers, brochures and email marketing? Here are five valuable tips for your small business:
1. Add a catchy headline, image and first paragraph. Reading marketing material is no different to reading the newspaper. Most people scan the images, headlines and first paragraphs and only read the sections that catch their attention.
2. Don’t be afraid to include white space. Crowded layout can be confusing and messy. However, don’t overdo it. Too much white space used inappropriately can be just as bad as not enough.
3. Make sure you include all the important information, particularly your contact details. If your ‘potential’ customer can’t find your contact information quickly they probably won’t become your customer.
4. Make sure your marketing material has a consistent look. This adds to the professionalism of your business and increases recognition amongst your target audience. Look no further than McDonalds as a great example.
5. Make sure your marketing material reflects you and your business. The use of mediums such as images, text, colours and fonts can say a lot about your business and should accurately reflect who you are and what you do.
LOOKING FOR FREE CONTENT? PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE THIS ARTICLE FOR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS USE. SIMPLY ATTRIBUTE THE ARTICLE TO PAUL HURKMANS AND INCLUDE A LINK TO PAUL’S BUSINESS: EN POINTE – THE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING MATERIALS SPECIALISTS (https://www.enpointeconsulting.com.au).